RSS

Welcome to my blog,my friend.This is writer Ada Aba's chinese blog with personal ideas from the east and west,What do you want to know about China?

The source of my name



My father named me: Lian(This is pinyin.In Chinese typing is 莲,also look like lotus,isn't it?), which in English means lotus.He wish me follow the example of the Pink Lotus to be a man who rises unsullied from mud.

Admiration of the Chinese people on Lian(lotus)usually will be: "The lotus , high quality, dedication."Lotus flower means great mercy in the Buddhism. In particular, lotus flowers(Lian) are not stained by muddy water. It symbolizes purity and innocence.

There are a lot of poems and articles praising of the lotus.There is a  rememberable one,"Ode to the Lotus Flower"which come from textbook which praises the Lotus as "gentle men's flowers."


予独爱莲之出淤泥而不染,濯清涟而不妖,中通外直,不蔓不枝,香远益清,亭亭净植,可远观而不可亵玩焉。
Lotus Flowers in Ritan Park Lotus

Translate as :I just love lotus because she grows in mud, yet never contaminates with it. She floats on waving water, yet never dances with it. The branchless stem is hollow inside but straight outside.
 Her faint fragrance reaches far and she stands erect in water, fair and graceful.



In Religion, God,our Father will accepts us if we are being pure and faultless,such as looking after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep ourselves from being polluted by the world.

I  Guess God will accept me so far?No criminal record, no Credit Card Debt.I also enjoy the volunteering time, I attended the home for the aged of our village for cleaning and sending them gifts what I made myself. I often chat with them and make them laugh.I think China is an aging society, many elderly people need care.

So what is your source of your name?



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 评论:

Frankie said...

Hmmmm...well, my name is Frankie, and it's meaning is: an 'Honest and Free Man'. My last name is Russell, and as a surname, it means: 'Leader of the Camp'. I kinda like that my combined names have Feedom and Leader in them! Like, 'the Leader to Freedom'!!! lol. Now if my first name had been Russell, it would mean: 'One with Red Hair!...hahaha! That wouldn't work at all, because I have Blonde hair! Just your typical Beach Boy! What is your last name? and what does it mean?